Manhattan Fire Department fights 2 blazes

Manhattan Mercury – March 13, 2017

 

A small kitchen fire, a vehicle hitting a home and a garage fire caused an estimated $35,000 in property damage on Wednesday and Thursday, according to the Manhattan Fire Department.

 

The fire department blamed a kitchen fire at Royal Towers apartments Wednesday evening on unattended cooking.

 

The fire at 1700 N. Manhattan Ave., caused an estimated $5,000 in damage.

 

On Thursday morning, Kelley Goss, 54, White City, lost control of a blue Cadillac and the car hit a house at 3044 Geneva Drive, causing $15,000 in damage to the home.

 

Goss was taken to Via Christi for treatment of undisclosed injuries. Riley County police said no injuries were reported by the occupants of the home, and no citations were issued at the scene of the accident.

 

Around noon Thursday firefighters responded to a detached garage fire at 1231 Houston St. that caused $15,000 damage. Crews contained the blaze to the garage and determined that a person working on an ATV caused the fire.

 

No injuries were reported.

 

Write a comment

Comments: 0