Shed damaged after fireworks-related blaze

By Chuck Samples
KVOE – March 21, 2017


Fire damaged a shed and some nearby grass north of Emporia on Monday evening. 


Fire developed at 1247 Road 210 shortly after 6 pm. Emporia Fire Battalion Chief Rich Gould says a child was playing with fireworks when the blaze developed. Damage was limited to the back side of the shed. Gould says there was minimal damage to the shed, but some siding had to be pulled off to make sure.


Gould says a small patch of grass burned. No injuries were reported. The property is owned by Cindy Gregerson.