By Olivia Haselwood
Andover Leader - March 27, 2017
Andover - Firefighters responded to an fire alarm at Kansas Medical Center early Saturday morning, but found very little fire.
Around 5:25 a.m. dispatch received the report of smoke in the mechanical room. Upon arrival firefighters found that employees had pulled the alarm after noticing smoke but unable to find flames. Employees and patients sheltered in place with no evacuation while firefighters searched for the source of the smoke and smell. They discovered that an air handling unit had a motor overheat and fail causing the smoke.
Damage was isolated to that unit. No injuries were reported, and the only damage was to the air unit. Firefighters cleared the scene by 7:15 a.m.