Course Announcement: Youth Firesetter Intervention Specialist FO633
(National Fire Academy Direct Delivery)
This two-day course is based on requirements of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1035, Standard on Fire and Life Safety Educator, Public Information Officer, Youth Firesetter Intervention Specialist and Youth Firesetter Program Manager Professional Qualifications. This course provides students with a broad understanding of the knowledge, skills and abilities that the Youth Firesetter Intervention Specialist should have as requirements of NFPA Standard 1035 pertaining to youth firesetting. This course is for the practitioner who provides services at the program delivery level. It replaces Youth Fire Setting Prevention and Intervention - Level 1.
This course covers the following:
- Review of NFPA 1035 for Youth Firesetter Intervention Specialist.
- The extent of the youth fire setting problem and justification for local youth fire setting prevention and intervention programs.
- Examination of the typologies of firesetting and the motivation behind fire setting behaviors.
- Identification, intake, screening, disposition and follow-up.
- Youth fire setting educational interventions
This course is being hosted by the Overland Park Fire Department on November 8-9, 2021 (Monday and Tuesday).
For further information and to register for this course please see the Kansas Fire & Rescue Training Institute Website under Fire Officer Training.