Eleven applications were reviewed by an independent group of professors that assigned points as outlined in the scholarship guidelines. Points ranged from 80 to 60 with lower scores noted secondary to limited community activities and/or lack of activities involving the fire department.
The firefighter scholarships were awarded to:
- Aaron Campbell of Ottawa plans to go into Fire Science at Hutchinson Community College.
- Hunter Deweese of Mound Valley plans to go into Fire Science at Coffeyville Community College.
Academic Scholarships were awarded to:
- Valerie Dome of Hays plans to go into History in Secondary Education at Ft. hays State University
- Jason & Emma Pisocki Scholarship was awarded to Teagan Jellison of El Dorado plans to go into Dance Performance and Mass Communications at University of Central Oklahoma
- Kelsey Stringer of Parsons plans to go into Radiography at Labette Community College.
- Jayson Zuperku of Berryton plans to go into Criminology and Law Enforcement at Kansas State University.
Remember full-time students can re-apply each year. New deadline for applications is February 1, 2022. Please remember that school & community activities along with volunteer activities at the local fire department can improve the applicant's score. Thank you to all the contributors to the scholarship fund and the group reviewing the applications for 2021. Find information on how to apply for the 2022 Scholarship Application here.